VacanciesWork with us
Access Recycling is an Australian, family owned metal recycling and railway services provider with facilities in Canberra and Barmedman.
We are currently seeking an experienced, suitably qualified Plant Mechanic to join our team based at Canberra.
Your main responsibility will be to maintain plant and heavy machinery through inspections, servicing, diagnostics & general repair to meet scheduled deadlines and reduce downtime.
You will be working on a pre-compression scrap metal shear (1050 tonne), material handlers, container forklifts and loaders.
This full-time role will deliver a range of services including but not limited to;
- Plan, schedule and deliver work for both routine and responsive maintenance
- Continuously review and prioritise work requirements
- Ordering maintenance items
- Spare parts management
The successful applicant would require the following skills and experience;
- Qualification as a mechanic
- Experience in a similar role
- Welding experience
- Forklift and/or excavator experience an advantage
- PLC experience will be highly regarded
- Auto electrical experience
- A current drivers licence
- A strong work ethic
- Great problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy challenges
This position is available immediately.
$100K+ per annum including salary, tool allowance, mobile phone reimbursement.